[vdr] RE : Re: Help Requested from the Dxr3 plugin maker and others C/C++ coders

>First of all - I only tried to write an output device myself once yet
>(which
>has never been finished), so I'm just trying to give some help here ;)
>Don't
>blame me if I'm incorrect ;)))

I'm happy to get some help !!

>You need to create a cDevice-Derivation (your cEm84Device), which
features >the
>methods mentiones in PLUGINS.html (Section "Devices", subsection
>"Replaying"). Have a look at device.h for a brief description of what
those
>are supposed to do and dvbdevice.[ch] to see how it is actually
>implemented.

I had a look at PLUGINS.html, it seems easy but when I had a look @ the
dvbdevice.[ch] it seems a lot more difficult.

>You don't need to patch VDR code as your Device is recognized as a
valid
>Output Device by VDR after it is loaded and Initialized (see
PLUGINS.html,
>Section "Devices", subsection "Initializing new devices").

Ok so I'll try tom write the cEm84Device and then I'll check out how to
set up a new device thru the plugin interface

>For the OSD, your cEm84Device must feature cOsdBase *NewOsd(int,int),
which
>has to return at least some kind of dummy OSD, because VDR doesn't
accept a
>Primary- (that is the output-)Device without OSD capabilities.

That's interesting because I haven't seen yet that primary device must
have OSD, I'll write the dummy OSD to start checking.

Thanks a lot for your information.

By the way, thanks to KS for answering to my previous question.

>Greetings,
>Sascha Volkenandt

Philippe