[vdr] Re: NOVA-S and crypted Channels!?

2003-03-04, k keltezéssel "Bläser, Lars" ezt írta:
> > I've read something in the list that the nova-s can't encrypt.
> > Is this for all channels? Or is this only for pay-tv like premiere?
> > I try to watch ORF1 and I see it is beta-crypt. can i encrypt it with
> > the nova-s?
> you mean decrypt
>
> there is no linux driver support for the CI part of the nova-ci, it will work like a ordinary budget card with vdr, someone would have to reverse-engineer the windows driver to get the ci part implemented in linux (no doc, no help from the manúfacturer)
> beside this, afaik the original betacrypt-cam will only work with certified stb´s (and windows is´nt one)

Does this mean that the supported cards have working CI support now?
I have a Siemens DVB-Sat card with Siemens CI and a Cryptoworks CAM. To
make this work needs some really strange procedure, and the firmware
frequently crashes.

Slapic

--
Pilatus-Comp Ltd. HUNGARY * The Linux Expert * pilatuscomp@linux.co.hu
http://www.linux.co.hu * Phone: +36-1-2481816 * Fax: +36-1-2481817

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc