[vdr] Re: vdr - lirc

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:36:12 +0100, schlechtweg-jahn@t-online.de (Ralf
Schlechtweg-Jahn) wrote:

> Could it be a problem with my lirc, anyway? Perhaps vdr cannot recognize the
> lirc-daemon, and then didnt't enter the learningmode?

Have you checked with the mode2 program whether something is received?

> lirc uses a remote receiver plugged in the seriel port. In /var/log/messages
> I found this:
>
> Mar 10 10:19:55 xvideo kernel: lirc_serial: port 03f8 already in use,
> proceeding anyway
> Mar 10 10:19:55 xvideo kernel: lirc_serial: compile the serial port driver as
> module and
> Mar 10 10:19:55 xvideo kernel: lirc_serial: make sure this module is loaded
> first
> Mar 10 10:19:56 xvideo kernel: lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
>
> The last messages indicates, that lirc is working (and it does working with
> xmms and xine). But I'm not shure, that I understand the first three
> messages. Does it mean, that the serialdriver (which is modulised) is loaded
> later then the lirc-Driver? Is there something else wrong?

licr wants to use its own driver lirc-serial for the serial port. For
this this you either have to deactivate the port with setserial or
compile the standard serial port driver as module and load the
lirc_serial driver before the standard driver. It is only allowed to
have one driver active on the port. I don't know xmms and xine, but you
should check whether they can use lirc for remote control.

Emil