[vdr] Re: diseqc.conf 4 lnb

Hermann Gausterer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:28:18PM +0100, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > You assume a 4/1 switch with 4 single LNBs. Funny setup.
>
> yes, but this is not my setup ;-)
>
> > Don't know whether this can work at all. The switch has to forward
> > the voltage (v/V) and 22kHz (t/T) signals to the LNBs.
>
> diseqc switches do this ... "per definition !!!"

Really? I have not seen this in the spec. Normally you connect quattro
LNBs to a DiSEqC switch. These don't care about voltage or 22kHz.
My 8/8 switch supplies the power for the LNBs and has an additional
option to turn on 22kHz permanently. That's it.
But you are right. It would make sense if a 4/1 switch behaves in a
different way.

What happens in your setup if you use a 4/4 switch and
- receiver 1 sends the sequence 'S19.2/high band/vertical' and
- receiver 2 sends the sequence 'S19.2/low band/horizontal'?
I think the result depends on the switch you are using.

This setup will only work with a 4/1 switch.

> > Anyway, in the last 8 lines A must be replaced by B.
>
> no, i disagree !! .. A and B is for miniswitches,
> where you have 2 lnb`s
>
> but in this setup, from the lnb`s point of view, the
> lnb is ALWAYS the first lnb, so you tell the diseqc
> switch to select the right input and after this you
> select 22khz for hiband .. and the right voltage,
> but you DONT need to say lnb2 ...

Oops, you are right. This is a 4/1, not a 8/1 switch.

> but i think this is a redundant option in this case
> so it can be left away ...

Yes. If you use full DiSEqC, the mini command should be ignored anyway.
Better remove the A everywhere.

Oliver