[vdr] Re: diseqc.conf 4 lnb

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 06:42:31PM +0100, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Really? I have not seen this in the spec. Normally you connect quattro
> LNBs to a DiSEqC switch. These don't care about voltage or 22kHz.

this works with fixed quad lnb`s (dont know the offical name) where
every port of the lnb is fixed. but with lnb`s that includes a
miniswitch (you can connect 4 independet receivers, every port is
equal) you need the voltage and 22 khz again

> My 8/8 switch supplies the power for the LNBs and has an additional
> option to turn on 22kHz permanently. That's it.

i am glad to own an 8/8 switch to, the switch on my switch
(that's get realy funny ;-) selects "A/B" and "L/H"
which is for backwardscompatibilty of an old non diseqc
analog receiver with an option for 22khz

in this special case "A/B", where the analogreceiver is able to produce
the 22 khz signal the switch does NOT connect the highband of
lnb1 but insteed the lowband for lnb2 ... so you can watch
easily the analog channels on both satellits :-))

> But you are right. It would make sense if a 4/1 switch behaves in a
> different way.

every switch behaves identically :-)

> What happens in your setup if you use a 4/4 switch and
> - receiver 1 sends the sequence 'S19.2/high band/vertical' and
> - receiver 2 sends the sequence 'S19.2/low band/horizontal'?
> I think the result depends on the switch you are using.

that`s a good question ;-)

> Yes. If you use full DiSEqC, the mini command should be ignored anyway.
> Better remove the A everywhere.

looks like a case for sed ;-)

sed s/W15\ A//

hermann