[vdr] Re: Leben nach Microsoft

On 18 Mar 2003 at 12:04, Klaus Gerding wrote:

> is this a "zweikanalton" recording? i think vdr is not able to manage
> this kind of audio till now.
> the easiest/quick and dirty solution would be an ability to mute only
> the left or right "stereo"-signal.
>
> Claas Hilbrecht schrieb:
> >
> > I've recorded "Leben nach Microsoft". My problem is that I can't replay
> > this recording with german voice. If I replay the recording the english and
> > german sound is mixed. The readme file says you can select a "tonspur" in
> > the VDR menue with the green button. No matter what I try the sound is
> > always mixed. I even tried to unplug one soundcabel but this way I get on
> > one channel german/english mixed and on the other one only english. Is
> > there a way to get the german channel?

yes, that's a great problem with such recordings where one language is on the left
and one on the right. For vdr this is "one" channel - the green button meens
switching between several audio streams This is done by different audio PID's.
TV-sets often have a switch for "stereo-mono-left only-right only" but unfortunatly
receivers mostly doesn't have. In the case of 3sat with this "left-right" languages
you can playing with balance or if your receiver has a at least a mono-switch, you
can easy plug out the right cinch cable and press Mono. The best way would be if
Klaus could insert such a function in VDR, the second way could be a script
(running i.E. by recordcmd) wich is demuxing the record, using a audio tool to
copy the left channel to the right right (I'm pretty sure such a tool exist) and
muxing the record again...)

greetings,

Uwe Weissbach