[vdr] Re: Audio-select AC3/non-AC3 (Fetaure Request)

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:56:23AM +0100, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I was wondring if there is a way to select Non-AC3 sound in VDR.
> At the moment if AC3 sound is sent you can not switch with the "green" buton
> to another audio signal, you always get AC3 (I like AC3 so not complaining
> about that :). With a "normal" DVB-reciever you can select the audiostream
> you want.
>
> The reason for doing this could be that there is more than one audio stream
> and someone would like to listen to one of the others. F.x. because there is
> another language in the other Audio-Stream.
> This is for Live TV and for replaying recordings.
>
> If there is no way, is there a chance it will find its way into VDR (feature
> reqest)?

This would require a few changes in dvbplayer.c, transfer.c, and menu.c
to be able to handle _more_ than two AudioTracks.  Currently only two
tracks are know in the code ("Audio 1" and "Audio 2").  It should be
possible to extend this to a more dynamically way and add also Dolby
to the list.

@Klaus: What do you think about this?  This may also a way to fetch
some Radio broadcasts of the same main broadcasting group in the same
transponder into one line in channels.conf.

      Werner