[vdr] Re: More as one videodir - whats wrong on my box?

On Freitag, 21. März 2003 22:22 Thomas Schneider wrote:
> I run more as one linux-vdr at home. My problem is the following:
> Primary box called vdr as hostname and second box called vdr2.
> Now I will get the recordings from vdr2 (stored in /video) inside
> vdr's running vdr. I do the following (see file INSTALL) [all on vdr]:
> mv /video /video0
> mkdir /video1
> mount vdr2:/video /video1
> start vdr with option -v /video0 => but can't see the recordings from
> nfs-mounted vdr2 videodir? Whats wrong?

That's the case, because VDR uses multiple video dirs ONLY to store additional
video files (if the video0 directory is full). VDR's Index (what you can see
in the menu) is only built from the subdirs in /video0, because VDR was
always supposed to work on the first one only.

Easier to say, the whole structure (all video files this vdr has) is contained
in /video0, with files not fitting into that dir SYMLINKED to the /video1
partition, but being present (the symlink) in /video0 as well.

So, what you'll have to do is to store all recordings in one central /video0
directory on the net, and use /video1 etc. only for expanding the available
space (you can do that with nfs, but not this way;) ).

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt