[vdr] Re: article in german c't magazin

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Steffen Barszus wrote:

> On Saturday 22 March 2003 15:08, you wrote:
> > Hello, Steffen Barszus,
> >
> > yeah thats nice, but completely about the old-fashioned vdr 1.0.4 :(
> > they complain that they have no timeshift with one card and so on...
> > hopefully they write about the new version soon!
> >

> Yes that I thought too. And about the precise solution of jürgen schmidt. Some
> complains could be easily solved (that mplayer can only play on the first
> card) and as we are (i guess) short before a new release at least one site
> about the new vdr would have been nice.

I do not actually complain: I describe what we have, and where it lacks
functionality. I even wrote, that some of this issues are solved in newer
versions. But I decided against writing about something, I have no first
hand experience.

> I have here vdr 1.1.25 running and this one is more stable then 1.0.4 ever was
> on my machine.

I think I will update soon - the problem is, that this machine is actually
used on a daily basis. So I cannot just take it down for a week, to get
everything working again (I'm doing this all in my spaer time).

bye, ju

--
Juergen Schmidt   Leitender Redakteur/senior editor  c't magazin
Heise Zeitschriften Verlag,  Helstorferstr. 7,  D-30625 Hannover