[vdr] Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] new autopid /nvod patch

Andreas Schultz wrote:

Hi Helge,

Helge Lenz wrote:

[...]

Hi,
as channel switching takes a very long time, is it possible to cache the pids until there is a change? Or do a backround scan on the channel for new pids (e.g. teletext)?

There is anew version that should improve switching times, but does not cache the pid's yet:
http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-1.1.26-autopid-2.diff.bz2

Caching will probably happen in one the next versions. However, channel switching times on my box are in the range on 1 to 2 seconds with some rare occasions where it takes 10 seconds or more to succesfully aquire the PMT/PAT/SDT to determin the PID's. So i'm quite interested as to why it takes very long for you. Could you please capture the console output and poste it?

Greets Helge.

Have fun

Andreas

Must have something to do with another patch. If I compile a clean vdr-1.1.26 it works fine.
Strange thing, I applied all the patches to a fresh copy of vdr-1.1.26 and now it works, except the group delimiters in the channels.conf. But even if I delete all group delimiters from my own channels.conf I can't get it work. I did not check every line but the first lines don't seem to be different.

Greetings Helge.