[vdr] Re: mplayer.sh 0.8.0 Sound Probs

max-2000@gmx.net wrote:
> I am using
> vdr 1.1.25,
> mplayer 0.90rc4
> mplayer.sh 0.8.0 (ac3 is off)
>
> The sound is very low while playing videos.

So you set either PAL or NTSC to 'false' and USE_SPEED to 'true', right?
(a little more info about your config would make the search for your
problem easier...)
If so, this is a known limitation of mplayer. If you want to play e.g. a
NTSC video on a PAL-only TV set you have two options:
Set USE_SPEED to 'true' and have a perfectly synced audio to the video
but with lowered sound or set USE_SPEED to 'false' and have the
correctly pitched audio which might get out of sync.
The best way is to play NTSC as NTSC and PAL as PAL, but you need a TV
set that is capable of both TV norms.

> The VDR sound control does not affect the mplayer and the mplayer does not
> take commands from the remote.

Then you use the traditional mplayer control mode (see the mplayer
plugin configuration) and have not set up a lircrc file - I *guess*, as
you didn't provide any information other than 'it doesn't work'.

Either set up a proper lircrc file and specify the path to this file in
the mplayer.sh.conf or switch to the SLAVE mode (mplayer control mode).
If you choose to use the latter, then make sure to set DEBUG to 'false'
and USERDEF to '-reallyquiet', or else mplayer will hang on exit.

Cheers,
Juri