[vdr] Re: mplayer plugins 0.8.0

Guy Roussin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If i start vdr at boot time with inittab (vdr::boot:/usr/local/bin/runvdr),
> i have a crash of mplayer(rc5) on some divx (not all) during the "mplayer
>  -identify " (problem with subtitles) of the mplayer plugins.

Does it really crash? Or does it just hang or complain or does nothing?
Can you provide a log or some other output indicating what goes wrong?
What kind of 'problem with subtitles'? Please be more specific.

> When i run runvdr out of inittab (root) there is no problem with those divx.
>
> I suspect this is because there is no "user/home directory" when mplayer
> is started with inittab ?

Maybe it's just that some of your filesystems aren't mounted at that
time but stuff from this FS' is needed (e.g. /usr/lib/win32)?

> Note: I think this problem occurs also with the dvd plugins 0.3.1....

Maybe you just shouldn't start a service as a boot process where other
boot stuff may not have been executed yet...
What's wrong with starting VDR in a runlevel?

Cheers,
Juri