[vdr] Re: console plugin ....again :-( (WAS: Fwd: Re: Re: osdteletext)

Sorry, this should have been a completely different mail ;(((

Subject: Re: [vdr] Re: osdteletext
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:58:45 +0100
From: Sascha Volkenandt <lists@magoa.net>
To: vdr@linuxtv.org

The real quote (On Monday, March 24, 2003 1:07 PM Stefan Lang wrote):
> I've installed my vdr (1.1.25) like described on
> http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/vdr.htm
>
> I've compiled vdr WITH and WITHOUT the "no-keyboard"-option.
> I'm starting vdr via inittab.... (perhaps thats the problem??)

I've made bad experiences with running vdr via inittab. One of those is that
the console PlugIn doesn't work. VDR doesn't accept console input when
launched into background (I guess you do that).

Try running vdr via the runvdr script instead, and run it without the -d
parameter, and give it a -t /dev/ttyX where X is a console you can spare (you
should disable that one in the inittab, of course). Then switch to that
console and the console plugin will listen to your keystrokes.

At least this works fine, here, with vdr-1.1.26 compiled with NO_KBD=1
REMOTE=LIRC.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt