[vdr] Idea how to generate a OSD-Main-Menu from a plugin

Hi,

as we've had the discussion how to generate special OSD-entries for plugins,
like "Timer" not calling core-VDR functions but functions of a plugin (e.g.
SVDRP-client), I have an idea.

With the Raw-OSD a plugin can create a complete OSD-page with subtree-pages.
So a plugin could copy the complete OSD-tree from core-VDR into it's own
plugin-tree (recursive-like) and remap the necessary entries to it's
functions.

This results in:

            |----------------<--------------|
            |                                               |
            |->- Main-menu                        |
                          |                                 |
                          | -->-- Entry1             |
                          |                                 |
                          |                                 |
                          | -->-- Entry2             |
                          |                                 |
                          |                                 |
                          | -->-- pluginname      |
                          |              |----->------|

                          | -->-- Entry4
                          |

                          | -->-- Entry5

The annoying would be the user gets core-VDR main-menu page when pressing
Menu and he has to jump into plugin-tree, which would confuse user.
But this could be solved by adding a command-line switch to VDR like
"-SPpluginname" which makes OSD to jump directly into "pluginname" page-tree
when Menu is pressed (simply derived from the macro-functions).

Of course, this is a lot of additional work for a plugin, but it's merely
thought as a temporary workaround without the need of heavy patching of VDR.

For a clean solution, functions like timer/recording should be outsourced
into a plugin for VDR-1.3, of course.

Rene