[vdr] Re: Idea how to generate a OSD-Main-Menu from a plugin

Hi Rene,

> Of course, this is a lot of additional work for a plugin, but it's merely
> thought as a temporary workaround without the need of heavy patching of
VDR.

> For a clean solution, functions like timer/recording should be outsourced
> into a plugin for VDR-1.3, of course.

You *are* kidding aren't you? Most people are trying to convince
Klaus to integrate something into VDR. You are telling him to
remove vital parts. Timers & recording are *needed* parts of
VDR. Why would you want to outsource them into a plugin?
Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to start taking VDR
"apart" (make it modular?)

Greetz,
Reinhard

---