[vdr] Re: LAN cable length / Streaming Plug-In

Jörg Knitter wrote:
Your information is very helpful to me. I just wonder why people told me
that they even telephone cables and ISDN wall sockets also work...
;-))

I have already spent money in the wrong wall sockets, do you really
believe that only exchanging them against CAT5 sockets would solve all
my 20m+10m (wall sockets connection)+20m problems? Do you really think
that this causes so much loss of signal quality? Getting less then 5
MBit/s from 100 MBit/s just because of some shielding weakness looks a
little unbelievable to me, but if this is really true...
Normally you wouldn't even get any data through...

Additionally, turning your house into a full features multimedia home
via Ethernet looks quite complicated...
It's not that difficult. Visit me and I'll show you...