[vdr] Re: VDR/UK Nova-T/dxr3 issues

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

> At 13:16 04/04/2003, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >This is my first posting to the list, and I'd like to say I'm impressed
> >with VDR, its apparent that a lot of hard work has gone into it. I will be
> >happy to contribute where I can - firstly I have written a script to pull
> >EPG listings from "xmltv" and feed them into VDR. This provides 4 days of
> >EPG information.
>
> cool. Never got round finishing the script. I have something to pull data
> from radiotimes but it's about 200 kb download for a day which is a bit
> inefficient.

I am just about ready to release the script, is there somewhere I should
upload it to? Do people accept attachments on this list?

> Ananova provides 5 days right?
> day=0 -> 4 ? as in
> http://www.ananova.com/tv_listings/_xmltv.php?day=day5&c=248

Ah yer, thats right! Doh!

> >I am running the latest VDR dev, with dxr3 plugin and Nova-T card am
> >having problems with recording radio. It appears to record, but upon
> >playback the process hangs (even though the disk appears to read), with no
> >visual output and no response to commands.  The only way to restart VDR is
> >through a kill -9 to the process.
> >
> >Also, I have seen this discussed before, but there appears to be problems
> >with VDR/DXR3 and getting 16:9 broadcasts with the Nova-T in the UK.
> >Whichever settings I use (4:3/16:9 in VDR/em3800setup) I can't seem to
> >get a true 16:9 picture on my widescreen display - rather always 4:3
> >letterbox.
>
> both dxr3 plugin problem it seems.

:-( No solution? It sucks watching digital tv in 4:3!

> >Finally, I can't receive BBC2 from the Crystal Palace transmitter even
> >though all the other channels are perfect (and I can receive it with the
> >Windows Hauppauge app). Is there a problem with the channels.conf file?
> >Does anyone know where I can get a technical list of frequencies and PIDs
> >for the Freeview service? I can't seem to find them on the net... I tried
> >using dvbtune and this seems extremely flakey, sometimes it finds channels
> >and other time it completely misses them
>
> Problems BBC News 24 by any chance too? I always thought this is related to
> full featured Siemens cards trying to decode. It's the first time I hear
> this with a dxr3 and that raises interesting points... something with
> setting PIDs (maybe gone with latest patches from Oliver to CVS?) is up
> because it seems to tune to the frequency fine but fails to show a pic.

No, all other channels are fine! How bizarre is that? Perhaps I have a
problem with my channels file. I re-formatted it for a different channel
line up.

Cheers,

Morph