[vdr] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> > See Ralph Metzler's posting from 14:09 today on the linux-dvb ML.
>
> I find his posting from 14:37 even more interesting: Here is a
> copy for those that don't read the DVB-ML:

IMHO the entire thread is very interesting.

> [...snipped...]
> So, now what should we believe ;o)???

Until I have completely read ISO-13818 I believe everything ;-)

For me the practical consequences are more important:

[1]
There is no quick and clean[tm] fix for PCR != video pid.
(Well, I was aware of that when I patched the driver.)

I haven't looked deeper into that but I think Andreas' Auto-PID patch
might be modified to set the PCR pid. The PCR pid can be extracted from
the PMT. This might help those who have still A/V sync problems.

[2]
Changing the recording format is not desirable, as we we don't want to
lose our old recordings. If I understood that thread correcty, PCR ist
*required* for live-view and not really necessary for recording/replay.
Otherwise the av7110 would not be able to play current recordings...

Oliver