[vdr] Re: marks.vdr and the possibiltity to load your cuttings from the net...

> Wiljo Heinen wrote:
> >
> > My reason for asking for clarification: I was just trying to implement an
> > automagic processing of marks.vdr in PVAStrumento (to spare an
> > editing/cutting step), but ran into difficulties because of this (well -- it
> > took me some time to figure out that these weren't actual timestamps as I
> > originally thought).

Hi Wiljo,

absolutly great idea,
I love PvaStrumento and want to utilize the chance to say thank you for great
work..

On 10 Apr 2003 at 10:11, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> For VDR's purposes of positioning to a given offset (when resuming a replay)
> or doing fast forward/rewind, having an index that contains the file offsets
> of all frames is the only thing that makes sense (IMHO). VDR doesn't  use the
> PTS in any way to display, e.g., the replay progress bar, since for the user
> only the total amount of material is what defines the actual length of a
> recording.
>
> > Any intention to change this behaviour - or do I have to count frames (or
> > look into index.vdr)?
>
> I'm afraid you'll have to look into index.vdr or whatever else it takes if
> you need to handle PTS.

Klaus that's an easily-to-understand reason, but maybe you can grab the chance
to think about the the advantage of a PTS-supporting cut-list, because of
the earlier discussed posibility of a net-supported cut-list exchange,
think about the possibility to start a reccmd and automaticly VDR load the list from
the net and furthermore you haveonly to press "2" ;-)  ..... just a wish ..... ;-)

--

    _    _
   (o)--(o)

 Uwe Weissbach, Leipzig

mail:   uwe.weissbach@web.de
pgp:    send mail with "pgp-request" in subject