[vdr] Re: Beginner questions

> Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
>
> >>Professional users/video enthusiasts prefer S-Video output
> >>because color
> > No ;o)) Profs use RGB. Whilst S-Video is better than composite,
> > you are still muxing signals and more over your TV has to take
> > all that "trash" apart again. Using RGB you can bypass some 30%
> > of the circuits in your TV as the CRT itself is driven by R G B. So
> > not only do you improve quality by using R G B Sync (i.e seperate
> > signals), but you further improve the quality by bypassing
> > all unneeded circuitry.
> Sorry to correct you. But..... pros use YUV connections.

Hi, I know that at least RGB (or YUV) is better than S-Video, but 1st I
was not sure if you can output this on a DVBs 1.3/1.6 (I only have a
Nexus). Second, I am not sure if you can use RGB on every television
set. Although there are pins for RGB-Input in a scart socket, I am not
really sure if the signal is always displayed correctly on TV sets.

There has been a comparison between FBAS and S-Video on the nexus card
and many people said that there is not much visual difference (if I
remember right). If this was correct I don´t know why beginners/normal
users should build a special cable for their J2.

That´s why I called the other users 'professional users/video
enthusiasts'.

But thanks anyway for your clarification.

Jörg