[vdr] Re: DXR3-plugin: Anyone successfully running overlay?

Am Son, 2003-04-13 um 10.59 schrieb Rantanen Teemu:
> I built a diskless VDR machine from spare parts (very old display card,
> DXR3, network adapter) to test the client/server streaming plugins.
>
> I experimented with the overlay mode and got it to work. What I remember was
> that you need to have X11 running in sane display mode

What do you mean with "X11 running in sane display mode"?
I'm running X with KDE (RedHat7.3), 1280x1024, 75 Hz, 16 and 24 Bit
(both tested).

 (screen fully
> visible, non-distorted, >=800x600) and then run the calibration as root
> (normal user only runs it half-ways after which overlay doesn't work if I
> remember correctly). After the calibration is done, you start the dxr3view
> and then run VDR normally, and the picture appears on overlay.

Tried exactly that.

> I wasn't fully satisfied with the picture quality.

Me, too.

 I was thinking about
> connecting this machine to an extra monitor I have, but I guess I have to
> buy another TV.
>
> The picture was somewhat jerky, but I guess that was caused by the streaming
> plugins, not the overlay.

No, it's not the streaming-plugin. Client/Server-streaming works fine
with DVB-S 1.3 in client.

Rene