[vdr] Re: vdr cuts recordings with ugly artifacts at cutting-points

At Sunday, 13 April 2003, you wrote:

>On 13 Apr 2003 "Wiljo Heinen" <wiljo@offeryn.de> wrote:
>
>>> If this is possible, VDR could simply cut one GOP before the
>>> actual cutting point and mark this GOP as "broken".

I think, this is only the front half of the medaile(?). What about
the cutmark at the end of a piece? Is there also the need to include
the following GOP as broken? If I cut the commercials out of a movie
there is sometimes the loss of the last sentence in a dialog and
its very noisy at the cutmark.

>>> In my format description in a GOP header 0x01b8 there are two
>>> flags: drop_frame_flag (byte4, bit7) and broken_GOP (byte7 bit5).
>>> But I don't know what they actualy mean.
>>>

>> broken_GOP (it's called "broken link" in the standard) is exactly
for the
>> purposes you have in mind:
>[...]
>
>Thanks. I'll try to modify the cutter and provide a patch in the
>next days.
>
>--
>Stefan Huelswitt
>huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan
>
>--
>Info:
vdr"
>as subject.

I hope that these cutting improvement will find its way into the
VDR code and not only into the outstanding tools from Wiljo because
I like this integrated cutting mechanism in VDR.

Kind regards
Manfred

--
-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------