[vdr] Re: vdr cuts recordings with ugly artifacts at cutting-points

Wiljo Heinen wrote:

> the
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Thanks. I'll try to modify the cutter and provide a patch in the
> > > next days.
> >
> > ... maybe also a seperate program or a change in dvbplayer.c for fixing
> > existing cuts would be a nice option.
> >

> But still the Q remains, wether the player (driver ?) will honour the broken
> link flag. IMHO the method of removing the broken B-frames and adjusting the
> tempref values is still more reliable.

Removing B frames after the first I frame at the beginning of a new
sequence would be no problem in VDR. Am I understanding this right that
if the first GOP of a starting point of an edited sequence looks like

  IBBPBPBBPB

then what should be done is to remove the B frames after the I frame, but before
the first P frame, thus making the above example look like

  IPBPBBPB

Is that correct?

Klaus