[vdr] Re: vdr cuts recordings with ugly artifacts at cutting-points

On 16 Apr 2003 Sergei Haller <Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Stefan Huelswitt (SH) wrote:
>
> SH> The topic "broken link" only applies to video packets and tells
> SH> the decoder to skip some frames.
> SH> This totaly different from the audio packet problem.
>
> consider following stream:
>
>   video:   123456789
>   audio:     123456789
>
> if  you just mark the frames 5,6,7 as "broken", (without removing anything
> from the stream) what exactly will be dropped?

It's a bit different (AFAIK).

What you are refering as 5,6,7 in the video stream are not
frames, these are packets, which each contains a GOP (group of
pictures). Every GOP consists of several video frames (I,B,P),
usually 12. You can mark a GOP as broken, but not packets or
individual frames (see explanation of the broken link flag
earlier in the thread).

There is not inter-link between video and audio packets which
would allow to mark audio packets as "broken".

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan