[vdr] Re: Volume control and mute don't work with DXR3

* Rene Bartsch (ml@bartschnet.de) [030415 04:20]:

> Do you mean several DXR3 in one VDR-machine?

Yeah. I've currently two DXR3 in that machine and two low budget cards.
If vdr _would_ support multiple output cards by itself, this setup would
suffice for most practical purposes. Since it doesn't support it (yet?), I
can either try to extend vdr in that way or buy one or two other low budget
cards. We'll see how many time I can spend on this...

> What HF-modulators do you use? Stereo ones are quite expensive ...

In fact I've so far only played with the built-in HF-modulator of my old video
recorder. I've just ordered some bare HF-modulators from Pollin for about 4
euros each, but of course I don't expect them to support stereo.

For most purposes, mono is enough. In the living room, I'd like to use
digital audio which cannot be transported through a standard HF line anyway.

The advantage of this setup is that I don't need multiple quiet PCs in
different rooms (especially not in the bedroom), but can instead use one
central server and re-use most of the wiring (which does not support
satellite TV anyway).

Ciao,

Tobias

--