[vdr] Re: Multiple Card Setup Problem

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> >
> > Hi Klaus,

> > snip -snap

> > > Actually it's supposed to work as you describe.
> >
> > Well  that is good news ;o))
>
> I did some tests today and apparantly there _is_ something wrong in
> that area. I'll look further into this...

Well, turns out there actually isn't really a bug, it's more like a feature.
In the old days, when simultaneous recording and replay on the primary
interface wasn't working stable, VDR tried to avoid the primary interface
when recording. Since this now works very stable, we might as well drop that
by setting

#define DEFAULTPRIORITY  -1

in device.c (used to be '-2'). Now if you set your primary limit to 0 VDR
will use that interface for recording if feasible.

However, this only works if your primary limit is 0. Any higher values will
still cause the old behaviour. Maybe the cDevice::GetDevice() function that selects
the most appropriate device should now prefer cards with lower Ca() values, rather
than checking priorities first...

Klaus