[vdr] Re: DVD plugin problems (with & without AC3overDVB patch)

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 13:00, Jörg Knitter wrote:
> > On Monday 14 April 2003 10:01, Andreas Mair wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > this weekend I tried to watch the "Back to the future" DVD edition with
> > > vdr v1.1.26, DVD plugin 0.3.1, AC3overDVB v0.1.4 patch and
> > > dvd-0.3.1-AC3overDVB patch.
> > > -> no success, screen stays black.
> > >
> > > Then I tried it with an unpatched vdr, with only DVD and remote plugin
> > > loaded.
> > > -> I have all the video, but sound is only some noise.
> > >
> > > I already watched the DVDs with vdr v1.0.4 and the latest AIO patch, so
> > > it already worked.
> > >
> > > If you need more information (logs etc.) please tell me!
>
> Have/had similar problems with my "Ambra" DVD. The screen stayed black,
> nothing happened with the patched version while the vanilla VDR made no
> problems. Additionally, accessing the audio menu of the DVD made VDR
> crash.
>
> Concerning the first problem, try to press the 'next chapter' or 'menu'
> button. This also caused my "Ambra" DVD to work.

OK, I will try this evening.

> Concerning the second problem: IMHO, the DVD seems to check with DVD
> scripting commands, which audio stream is currently selected. So if I
> enter the audio selection menu, VDR crashes. If I start the movie first,
> change a different stream and then enter the audio selection menu, it
> works.

You mean with my unpatched vdr?
With that vdr I can watch the DVD and select the audio track, but only with
noise when there should be some sound.
There had been no crash when I enter the audio selection menu.

> Concerning the "Back to the future" DVD: If you have the German version,
> I can check if this works on my system as I have the same one.

Yes, it's the German edition.

> BTW: On this DVD you can see that the DVD plugin still has major
> problems with subpictures: Select the commentary subpicture and you will
> get a nice crash as this one uses animated subpictures which is not
> often found on German DVDs :-).

If I ever get it work with the new vdr, I'll try to crash it ;-)

Regards,
Andreas