[vdr] Re: Merging AutoPID-patch into VDR before 1.2.0 (was: Re: Re: pcr <> vpid)

Am Dienstag, 22. April 2003 22:24 schrieben Sie:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 19:59, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > Andreas Schultz schrieb:
> > > The all-time automatic update of channels.conf is certainly not what
> > > you would want for normal operation. Only NVOD channels and linked
> > > services should IMHO be updated dynamicaly.
> >
> > I've the idea of some kind of service scan (all transponders are scanned
> > for channels, services, EPG, etc.) when there is no use of the VDR-box
>
> Small clarification, the patch currently always updates the channel list
> when you switch to a new transponder. That means that the EPG scan will
> cause a update of all channels. The final version will be configurable to
> either always fully update the channels, dynamicly update only the pid's or
> update only on request (e.g. scan plugin).
>
> Andreas

Suggestion: Only update defined channels ?? As Klasu stated a lot of channels
are very static. Some channels change from time to time , some channels you
can't find w/o your patch (or at least you can't identify them ;)) Then there
are channels that have linked services (AFA I understood ARD and the likes)
but are very static. Taking all that in account would make it very fast while
switching and only slower on some channels. But that is all sth. after all
needed tech is implemented ;)

Steffen