[vdr] Re: Software replay plugin Was: SPDIF out

> Am Fre, 2003-04-25 um 20.47 schrieb Ray Glendenning:
> > Hi
> >
> > I wouldn't mind having a look at the sources os any extra ideas are
worth
> > looking at. :-)
> I'll send them by pm.

Thanks

> > Could you give more info on how you got X working on TV out.  Is this
clone
> > mode and there the same is displayed to both CRTCs?  If it was this
would
> > mean it is accelerated :-)
> I followed some of the descriptions which I found on the internet. My
> setup uses the option UseFBDev of the matrox driver, i.e. you have to
> setup your machine for TV-out in clone mode on fbdev. Then simply start
> X and it will use the setup of the fbdev.

Last time I tried playing with this I used to get strange green bars on the
framebuffer output

> What is very important in my opinion, is that you use the right
> resolution. Therefore I've created my own 1024x576 mode (I have a 16:9
> tv):
>
> Section "Modes"
>   Identifier   "Modes[0]"
>   Modeline      "1024x576" 36.06 1024 1024 1070 1088 576 586 590 624
> EndSection

Do you need the same mode for both fbdev and X?
Wouldn't it be better to use a 768x576 mode?

> The timings are ok for a G200 or G400 card. Of course you can't see the
> whole X11 screen then, but that's normal for a "real" tv out.
>
> Attention: The computer monitor will probably show a bad picture or may
> get damaged.
>
> My monitor can live with it, but shows not all of the picture.

No probs, I'll config via network and that machine doesn't have a monitor
conected ;-)

> Mike

Ray