[vdr] Re: mplayer osd problem

Gerhard Steiner wrote:
> Hello,
> I don't know exactly to whom I should address this problem,
> but while playing a avi-file via mplayer there is now osd
> available.
> Maybe I don't understand it correctly, but while playing
> some file and pressing ok should display a progress bar
> with some infos (as vdr does). Shouldn't it?
>
> If I press ok only some blue points at the bottom of the
> screen appear.
> If I press ok again, they vanish.

This sounds like it is a NTSC video. Unfortunately the VDR OSD is not
resized to the smaller NTSC picture so the last lines on the screen are
dropped (or below the visable range). You can see this also if you bring
the TV program on screen while watching a video. The last lines are cut off.

> Does anyone know a solution?

Not yet. I don't know whether this is a driver issue or a VDR issue, but
I think it should be handled by one of these two possibilities.
I can think of ugly workarounds in the script (connecting to the SVDRP
port and changeing the OSD size, resetting it afterwards), but I'm not
willing to do this, as I think it is the wrong way.

Any comments or suggestions?

Cheers,
Juri