[vdr] Re: shutdown after several records

J=F6rg Knitter wrote:
>=20
> > Andreas Mair wrote:
> >
> > I think there's already the feature you requested.
> > In the settings menu there's somewhere an option to specify when
> > vdr should not shutdown if there's a timer starting in the next X
> minutes.
> > Sorry that I don't have the exact menu names by hand, but I'm in the
> ofice
> > now...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andreas
> >
> > On Thursday 24 April 2003 07:01, Tobias Faust wrote:
> > > hi
> > >
> > > its possible to add a a new function in the timer-osd? a shutdown
> > > function
> > > BUt not every record should make a shutdown. Its a useful function
> if
> > > you make several records  together. The last record should shutdown
> > > the vdr (define in timer.conf -> osd).
> > >
> > > greetings
> > > tobias
> > > http://mediabox.traffic-eye.de
> >
>=20
> Indeed there is his option, but this does not help if you don=B4t use
> nvram wakeup.
> I had a similar problem: Wanted to record something at 16.00 and left
> the house at 8.00. I set the system to shut down after 10 hours of user
> inactivity. I think, it would have been better if I was able to add an
> timer entry that says 'shut down after this timer' or at least a flag
> that you can set or remove.

I believe such a flag for a timer would cause more trouble than good.
Imagine somebody sets that flag for a timer that starts at, say, 20:00
and ends at 21:00. So he expects VDR to shut down at 21:00. Later (but be=
fore
the 20:00 timer ends) he decides to also record a show at 23:00, but forg=
ets
to clear the shutdown flag at the previous timer. He then would lose the =
23:00
recording.

If somebody wants to automatically shutdown his VDR machine, I suggest he=
 also
enables automatic restart of the machine.

Klaus
--=20