[vdr] Re: problem using 2DVB-cards with vdr

Am Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2003 16:37 schrieben Sie:
> Hmm these frequencies usually suffer from DECT telephones, i cont use
> them at all, i have to use the austrian service from sat1/pro7/kabel1
> so i cant watch n-tv,dsf and berlin.tv, but i can stand that..
>
> please check by totaly unplugging all dect telephones and base-stations.
>
> if you cant do this, you can use a analog reciever to croscheck,
> on analog sat (astra) n-tv (ANALOG) also gets influenced (2 "lines"
> appear when a dect phone operates to close to the cables or the reciever
> as well. afaik those problems cant be solved be better cables ot
> dish-tuning(tried that for a realy long time!), but only by extra
> shielding (expensive!!) from the LNB up into the PC....
>
> like i said, i lost some tv channels to my new DECT PHONE, sometimes
> these channels do work, since DECT uses bursts and continued frequency
> jumping, but sometimes not (1.FC Köln, Aufstiegsspiel bei DSF grrrr...)
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Onno Kreuzinger

>Hi Onno, Christian,
thanks for your mail.
About DECT i thought so too, but a borrowed digitalreceiver works very well,
and unplugging the DECT telephone takes no effect.

Probably Christians idea will be the reason.
Concerning this, i removed the antenna cable fom the Nova-card and ?
That's it !
But there is no chance to change anything, because there are only two PCI
slots in the SS40G-cover.
I will test some solutions with metal sheets for screening each other in
future.

best regards Olaf