[vdr] Re: Remote Plugin/DVB-Driver problem

Oliver Endriss wrote:

As I wrote before, the old driver ignores the 3 upper address bits.
There are 5 address bits = 32 possible values for the -a option (0..31).
If your codes were in the range 0x40..0x7f, the correct values for -a might be 1,5,9,13,17,21,25 or 29.
Maybe I simply dont understand "address" in this context, but if
I pass any wrong address with the '-a [adress]' parameter
no keycode should be accepted at all.
(except those cases where the upper address bits are ignored)
So when I try adress 0-3 there should be a minimum of 3 values
where no codes are accepted.

As I wrote there is no change at all, wich means all codes are
accepted (0x00-0x3f and 0x40-0x7f) in every case.

If I modify the
REMOTE_KEYMAP="-a 1 /video/haupneu1.rc5" line
REMOTE_KEYMAP="-a1 /video/haupneu1.rc5"
or
REMOTE_KEYMAP=" -a 1 /video/haupneu1.rc5"
or
REMOTE_KEYMAP=" -a1 /video/haupneu1.rc5"
nothing happens, no change, no error message
but I think at least one of them would not work.

You have to fix your keymap, too:
All codes must be in the range 0..0x3f:
- For old codes 0x40..0x7f, subtract 0x40.
- For old codes 0x80..0xbf, subtract 0x80.
- For old codes 0xc0..0xff, subtract 0xc0.
It is in this range, otherwise i get the "... emit key unknown key 0xXX"
message, no RC is possible at all.

So I think the parameter is simply not parsed, or stripped
before the commandline is built.

Or are there "special" addresses in RC5 wich tells the receiving
device to accept the codes in any case?
If so, is this implemented in the driver?
Maybe my RC is programmed with this address, it is
not easy to figure this out in the programming tools because
they work with strange codes wich are not directly related to
what codes are really send.

See above. If nothing helps, enable debugging in the driver (add option 'av7110_ir_debug=1' when loading dvb-ttpci.o) and check the debug output: 'addr' is the address value sent by the transmitter.
Its a bit tricky to change this because this is not a complete
distribution, except of some basic config files all the stuff is
packed in images or archives.
I would try it if it helps to find out why the parameter is ignored,
but I doubt this is the case (especially when '-a ' is lost
somewhere before the av71110_loadkeys... line).

Jörg.