[vdr] Re: cReceivers in plugins

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

>On Freitag, 9. Mai 2003 12:40 Jan Ekholm wrote:
>> I'm reading the plugin guide and looking at the little example cReceiver
>> subclass there. It inherits cThread, which I find a bit weird. The data
>> received in Receive() should be buffered and given to some thread for
>> processing, but must a custom receiver also inherit cThread?
>>
>> At least my receiver now manages to break the stream on the primary
>> device. :) Which is a bit weird, as it shouldn't even do anything unless
>> there is data on the PID it is interested in? At least looking at
>> cDevice::Action() the receiver shouldn't interfere in any way until it
>> gets data on its PID and Receive() gets called. Need to read up a bit more
>> on the VDR source.
>
>I guess your cReceiver-Object does not yet inherit the cThread class? What
>does your PlugIn do in the Receive()-Call? Given the assumption that you
>don't use a separate thread to process the data, I'd say that call takes a
>bit too long.

It didn't inherit cThread, but now it does. The thread is started when the
receiver is created and seems to start just fine. Of course it actually
does nothing in Action() so it probably just exits immediately.

The Receive() is a bare bones method does nothing except log the amount of
data received, nothing else. The timeout occurs after 30s, nothing gets
logged so I assume nothing ever was received. Unless there is some locks
involved with dsyslog()?

--
               "Stercus, stercus, stercus, moriturus sum."
                                       -- Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times