[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] xmltv2vdr-1.0.5

This is exactly what I intend to incorporate into xmltv2vdr.pl. I never
noticed it as I am English and we don't have all those strange characters!

The only problem I have observed is that ampersand characters come out as
"&". Most of the UK EPG info from xmltv doesn't have any other
characters.

I think that this information is HTML encoding (also used in XML?) of
certain characters. It would be useful to gain a list of all these
characters and the associated ASCII value of what they should look like.

I will then write a translation table into xmltv2vdr.pl. Does anyone know
of any source of information for where I can get *all* of the HTML ->
ASCII table mappings, or point me in the direction of an alternative
library to do this function?

Regards,

Morph