[vdr] Re: what causes cTS2PES errors?

Am Mon, 2003-05-26 um 23.10 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> I don't believe its the task of the application to do the CRC checking.
> This should (if not already) be done in the driver.
>
> > > I believe there's some CRC32 checking code in mpegtools (
> > > http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html ) maybe that can be used.
> > >
> > > If at all, it should only be done on recording as transfering to say an
> > > av7110 or dxr3 they have their own means of dealing with broken streams in
> > > a less interruptive manner than just throwing the packet away? But then
> > > again broken reception crashes the decoder after a while more often than
> > > not. On full cards in live mode not a lot vdr can do against it?
>
> There's _nothing_ VDR can do about this in live mode.

Yes - it can enable it! ;o)

Post from Holger Waechtler on linux-dvb:-ML:

------------------------- snip -----------------------------------------

Rene Bartsch wrote:
Am Mon, 2003-05-26 um 19.23 schrieb Holger Waechtler:

Rene Bartsch wrote:

Hi,

As subject says, which CRC-code is used in TS of DVB?

I think I've read CRC32 somewhere - is that correct?

it's CRC32, the decoder model is described in ITU-T H.222.0, Annex A.

Is there any chance that CRC32 will be added to DVB-driver for
low-budgets?

It's implemented. Set the DMX_CHECK_CRC flag in the
dmx_sct_filter_params struct if you want only receive sections that
passed the CRC32 check.

Holger

Rene