[vdr] Re: Timeshifting pb with vdr 1.1.32 / vdr-1.1.33

Juri Haberland wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > Ok, I believe I found it: the problem (at least here) only occurs
> > if I switch into "Pause live video" mode and _immediately_ press
> > "Play" or "Pause". Apparently there isn't enough data in the recording
> > yet to continue replay, so the player believes the file is at its end
> > and stops.
> >
> > Please try this patch, which will force a few seconds of waiting after
> > pausing live video, so the recording's file can fill up somewhat.
> > There may be a cleaner solution, but that would probably involve
> > modifications in the player, which I can't do for the final 1.2.0
> > any more. Simply waiting a few seconds here seems to be an acceptable
> > workaround.
>
> This improves the situation somewhat, but doesn't fix it completely.
>
> With plain vdr 1.1.33 I can reproduce it every time I press "Pause"/"Play".
>
> With this one-liner it works approx. every second try. It seems that it
> is likely to work if I wait a bit longer before pressing "Play". This
> doesn't help with the vanilla 1.1.33.

I'm afraid I don't understand: If you wait, say, 10 seconds after going into
"Pause live video" mode (in plain 1.1.33), does it _still_ stop replaying
after about one second? I find that hard to believe...

What happens if you change the sleep(3) into sleep(10) in the patch?

Klaus