[vdr] Re: dbox as VDR client

Am Fre, 2003-06-20 um 16.24 schrieb Johannes Schoeller:
> hi all!
>
> it just came to my mind that it would be nice to have a nokia dbox2 as
> client for VDR.
>
> i think of a constellation like that:
>
> .) "normal" vdr pc (with internal hd, or eg. nfs mounted /video)
> .) dbox with eg. neutrino and the possibility to playback .vdr files
>
> for programming parsing of epg.data and channels.conf from vdr could be made
> and the result could be fed back to the vdr machine by telnet.
>
> what do you think ? could that be possible ?

This arised a similar idea in my mind.

Would it be possible to shrink a VDR-only distro (static compiled kernel
with nfs-client, DVB-driver, VDR, streamdev-plugin and full DBOX-hardware
support) to fit into the 8 MByte Flash of DBOX2?

This way VDR-boxes could be used in any room and only one NFS-server for
storing the recordings.

Rene