[vdr] Re: Network proxy for DVD, lirc and lcd

> >Now I'll try to stream vdr including osd and sound in mpeg1 over the
> >network. Hopefully the stream will include all the info for dolby 5.1,
> >but I guess it will.
>
> IIRC the streamplugin does stream TS which contains everthing including
> teletext. So that should also contain AC4, or am I wrong here ?
But what do I do with mplayer? But maby writing an mplayer.sh like
Volker described it would be a good Idea. I'll talk to my linux-guru and
maby he has some spare time to take a look a it.

> >> I have no Idea if the 2 VDR instances can play DivX at the same time !?
> >good question!
>
> Just came into my mind that I saw a patch for mplayer for that some time
> ago - you can then control wich DVB card is used for the replay. You might
> have to install mplayer twice to do a dual replay - but it might work :) :
> http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=2040&sid=

Didn't even think about how to have mplayer output to a differen device.
Great tip! Thanks.

> Have fun
You, too!
	Oliver