[vdr] Re: Xv-Mode and green flashes/stripes

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 09:02:22AM +0200, gfiala@s.netic.de wrote:

I use xawtv with xv every day and it works perfectly (I had tested with
a P3@450,100 but now I have a p4@2200,400).
Only problems I have is that I can't use two xv xawtv for my two cards,
and that xv don't work for small size: I got only garbage on the screen,
size bigger than the resolution works perfectly...

> We had this once before.
>
> Did some tests and can safely _exclude_ that
> it is a graphics card related problem, because
> the problem appears also in a stream captured
> from /dev/video without using Xv at all.
>
> Now it's just the question if it is something that can/needs to be fixed
> in the driver or if it is hardware problem with the chipset.
>
> I'd like to know if someone here can use Xv-mode
> without flashes (entire frames are mostly green)
> and horizontal stripes (mostly green or pink)???
>
> I observe this at a P2-450MHz with FSB100, Tekram BX, 102,5 MHz.
> Others i don't know the exact setup reported me that they have
> the same problem.
>
> Ralph meant, that the PCI-Bus might be on to high a load - so if someone
> with an faster FSB can prove that? At least a bttv-card running in parallel
> did'nt show those problems, so i guess it is a driver-problem, but just to be
> sure...

	Grégoire