[vdr] Re: Xv-Mode and green flashes/stripes

Zitiere Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc:

> Hi,
>
> >I'd like to know if someone here can use Xv-mode
> >without flashes (entire frames are mostly green)
> >and horizontal stripes (mostly green or pink)???
>
> Is it like those screenshots ??
>
> http://www.lindy.cc/hagie/capture/index.htm

Yes exactly these - but i get also some images with kind of needle-leaves in grey.

> If yes, this was gone afteer I updated the kernel to 2.4.21-rc1-ac3. I
> observed this while capturing (and stream) mpeg1 video with ffmpeg from

Now thats interesting! The least thing i would thought it is would be the kernel.
Yes, i proved - i get it not only with xv (regardless if i use xawtv or other)
but also with ffmpeg. Unfortunately mp1e can't capture from dvb-driver, another
strange thing.

@Stefan:
What v4l-version do you use?

@Gregoire:
 - can you verify with ffmpeg? I observed, that the flashes get more likely with
higher sysload - maybe let it do something in the background or try ffmpeg with
full PAL-resolution. What kernel + v4l-version do you use?