[vdr] Re: 5.1 Sound with analog soundcard?

hi,

to get a bit more ontopic:

Guido Fiala wrote:

> Can you give an commandline example where i can feed a52dec with _any_
> stereo-pcm/mp3-data and it makes 5.1 sound? So far i understand this program
> can only play ac3-frames just like ac3dec, if your mpeg-stream does'nt have
> it you hear nothing - unfortunately except Pro7 actually nobody has the money
> to send such streams - or maybe they are reluctant to buy a licence
> themselfes ?-)

i do not think the task was to convert any sound to 5.1.
if i did get it right, the task was to integrate 5.1 and standard stereo
in a system where you would get both possibilities.
in my setup i connect the dvb-s out to the line-in of my soundcard and
with marcel's plugin we would get the best hearing experience possible.

i'm not going to say anything on legal/patent issues.

bye,

--
  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0