[vdr] Re: recording card number

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:39:16 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> Jul 12 19:05:48 video vdr[2658]: receiver thread started on device 3 (pid=2658)
>
> Doesn't this already tell it?

Yes, it helps. But there is no direct relation to a specific recording.
I can guess that the next recording entry belongs to it. I have a very
active system with 4 DVB cards and a lot of other output into messages.
Sometimes it is a real mess to analyze the log when a recording failed.

I previously prepended the card index to each syslog <index>: <message>
But since the receiver threads are used this info isn't available
directly for the messages from the recording thread.

Emil