[vdr] Re: Premiere CI-Modul

Am Son, 2003-07-13 um 18.17 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Sebastian wrote:
> >
> > Hey
> >
> > I have a Premiere CAM it show only the message "Receiver nicht für Premiere
> > geeignet" and it will not work.
> >
> > Is there any chance to get work with VDR ?!?
>
> AFAIK Premiere has to "certify" receivers in order for them to work
> with the Premiere CAMs. Presumably (but this is just guessing) the receiver's
> software needs to send some proprietary key to the CAM so that the CAM
> knows that it is plugged into a "certified" receiver.
>
> I'm afraid without any cooperation from Premiere there's no way we
> can get this to work :-(

I don't know internals and haven't seen any docs, but when I once was on
the PW-page considering a subscription, the dialog demanded a receiver
and a CI-ID. Maybe the CAM just checks that serial numbers and we can
provide fake-IDs (maybe from existing boxes).

If there'd a legal way to use VDR with PW I'd charge for a subscription.

Rene