[vdr] Re: disable maxVideoFileSize

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> Am Die, 2003-07-15 um 15.29 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> > Tobias Faust wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > how can i disable the MaxVideoFileSize? It?s recomment to change this?
> > > I?ve tried to set 0 but the minimum is 100MB (like the manual)
> > > Its possible or should i leave this changing?
> >
> > MaxVideoFileSize can be any value between 100 and 2000.
> > 0 makes no sense (there has to be at least some data in the files ;-)
> > and 2000 (resulting in a bit under 2GB) is the upper limit.
> > This is because not all file systems and/or tools support arbitrary
> > long files.
> >

> Hi Klaus,
>
> I know I have asked several times for this versions before, but is there
> any chance you will increase filesize-limit for VDR-1.3.x?

Anything over 2GB would require major "surgery", which I don't want to do.
Besides, for backward compatibility VDR would still need to be able to
handle multi file recordings, so there's no real gain in there from VDR's
point of view.

Version 1.3 has other priorities...

> I want to provide recordings as streams (e.g. RTSP), which is very
> complicated with several files instead of using one file.

What is so complicated about closing one file and opening the next?

> And who has
> the terrabytes necessary for catting all recordings into one-file-copys?

If you delete the original files after creating your single file recording
you only the the extra space for one recording.

Klaus