[vdr] Re: how much dvb-devices needed?

Andreas Vierengel wrote:

> Same problem on my setup.
> Using hauppauges nexus-s rev 2.1 and nova-ci rev 1.0.
> I thought I can record both on horizontal and vertical simultaneously and
> additionally watch every channel I want, with 1 full-featured and 1 budget
> card ?
> Both inputs are connected to the same sat-multiswitch...

Maybe I'm missing something here, but two cards, two tuners... I can only
see this working when both channels being recorded are on the same
transponder (i.e., handled by a single card).

If you're recording channels from two different transponders (polarization
doesn't really matter), both cards will be in use. This limits the choice of
available channels to channels on the same transponder the primary card is
currently recording from (or in the best case, to the two transponders the
cards are already recording from - no idea if transfer mode would work in
this scenario).

Chris

--
Christoph Liersch