[vdr] Re: OT: reset DVD drive "LG D8120B" region code, how?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:22:54 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> I know this is somewhat off-topic here, but maybe some of you
> have run into this, too, and can give me a hint.
>
> Apparently my LG D8120B DVD drive has decided not to replay any
> RC1 DVDs any more (it used to do this just fine, but I guess
> I switched between RC1 and RC2 DVDs one time too often).
>
> Does anybody know of a way to either reset the DVD drive to its
> original state (where it accepted both RC1 and RC2) or remove
> that dreadfull region code check alltogether?
>
> It should be a way that works under Linux, since I can neither install
> Windows on my VDR PC for that nor can I move the drive to a Windows
> PC (actually I don't have any Windows...).
>
> Sorry for the OT post, but I just wanted to test Andreas' latest
> version of his DVD plugin with my new DVDs I brought from my
> vacation, and now my DVD drive is virtually giving me the finger :-(

You can download from this link the "error free" firmware and a dos only patching program that will fit on a floppy,

http://wald.heim.at/sherwood/530742/dvd/mt/index.html

Mattia

PS:
If you don't even own a dos boot floppy just send me a pm and I'll email you a floppy image