[vdr] Re: dxr3 issues

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:

> Dominic Morris wrote:
> > - Playback of recordings seems to use up far too much CPU - typically
> > around 40% with most of that spent in system calls (yes, dma is enabled,
> > and toggling it makes no difference to vdr, but does to hdparm -t).
>
> I noticed that playback CPU% goes up after first pause (during pause top
> reports 100% for vdr) or skips with yellow or green buttons. Both 0.1.9
> (with patch for vdr 1.1.32) and 0.2.0 DXR3 plugins have this feature. I
> reverted to elder dxr3 plugin because 0.2.0 crashes vdr very often when
> pressing blue button to stop playback.
>
> VDR process also consumes huge CPU percents during mplayer plugin
> activity which makes mplayer plugin not usable at the moment.

Same mplayer problems here (as previously reported). It (vdr processes)
consumes huge amounts of CPU even if I don't use dxr3 as the output
device. As usual, I'll be happy to provide any information necessary to
nail this problem.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64