[vdr] Re: dxr3 issues

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:

> Dominic Morris wrote:

> >>Try the patch here, it reduces the CPU usage a lot for me:

> > Magic! Thank you, that did the trick, I assumed it was a dxr3 issue and
> > just searched for "dxr3 cpu".
>
> I removed the patch and activation for subtitles plugin (0.0.2b) and
> upgraded back to dxr plugin 0.2.0. Now CPU percents look nice (vdr
> recording playback, pause, mplayer and mp3 playback).
>
> I'll try next to patch subtitles back and try to see if the load is
> caused by it.

Didn't seem to help here. I removed subtitle and streamdev plugins and
also tried with a clean vdr source without subtitle-patches and mplayer
plugin still uses as much CPU as it can get hold of, causing mplayer to
loose a/v-sync. :(

I'm now updating my em8300 drivers to latest from CVS, just in case.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64