[vdr] Re: dxr3 issues

Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
How do you point the problematic functions, is gprof suitable for finding this kind of CPU hogs?
gprof might do it for you, I did it a different way.

First I changed syslogd.conf to include the "debug" log level in the /var/log/messages file. Next I ran "top" and turned on the thread output to identify the PID of the problem thread. Cross referencing this with the syslog output identifies the name of the thread. Also - I think the "ps" thread output lists the thread name in the command line (but I might be confusing this with another app., not VDR)

Next adding extra printf's into the :Action() loop of the thread concerned turns up whether it is running more often then it needs to be.

Jon